Within Without You
At times there's no limit to what I can do. Seasons change upon my most simple whim. I've done battle with the wind and the rain, and while I've yet to become their master, I've managed to hold my own. But of all these things I can do, there is one achievement that stands just out of reach, and leaves me powerless.
For just these next 2 hours, help me out - and let me get next to you.
I've brought all my gifts: the urban swagger of late 60's Motown, the blase sneer of Memphis garage, the delicate avant strains of New York psychedlia - the details are preserved below, so you'll see that I'm serious about this. Deadly Serious. Step to Mr. Willie Tee down there, give him a pound with your mouse and he'll take care of you. And I'm right here when you need me, it's gonna be alright, oh yeah.
Click on Image Above to Listen to the Show!
Playlist for Lost & Found, 09/22/08
Set One: turn grey skies to blue
Intro: Mighty Mighty/Jesse Anderson/45/Thomas/1970
1. That's the Way Love Is/Marvin Gaye/LP/Motown/1969
2. I Can't Get Next To You/Temptations/45/Motown/1969
3. The End of Our Road/Gladys Knight & the Pips/45/Soul/1968
4. My Sweet Lord/Edwin Starr/LP/Gordy/1971
5. Night Rumble Pt. 2/Fame Gang/45/Atlantic/1968
6. Thank You John/Willie Tee/45/Atlantic/1965
7. Keep Your Mouth Shut (and Your Eyes Open)/Jean Wells/45/Calla/1969
8. You Better Run/Young Rascals/45/Atlantic/1966
9. I'm Gonna Look Straight Through You/Gentrys/LP/MGM/1966
10.This Empty Place/Ian & the Zodiacs/45/Philips/1965
11.I Didn't Believe Her/Peter's Pipers/45/Philips/196?
12.Remember a Day/Pink Floyd/LP/Tower/1968
13.Maid of Constant Sorrow/60,000,000 Buffalo/LP/Atco/1972
14.She Must Be Free/Jake Jones/LP/Kapp/1971
BED: Fat Mama/Herbie Hancock/LP/Warner Bros/1974
Set Two: too lovely not to try
1. Misty Roses/Tim Hardin/LP/Verve Forecast/1966
2. Crazy Love/Van Morrison/LP/Warner Bros/1970
3. Gifts are for Giving/Ian & Sylvia/LP/Vanguard/1966
4. 1980/Spooner Oldham/LP/Family Records/1972
5. What Difference?/Bear/LP/Verve Forecast/1968
BED: And I Love Her/Gary McFarland/LP/Verve/1964
Set Three: do you feel like we do
1. Bama Lama Bama Loo/Little Richard/CD/Specialty/1964
2. I Just Want What Belongs To Me/Bobby Marchan/45/Dial/1967
3. People Will Make You Say Things/Frank Lynch/45/My Record/1968?
4. Baby Don't You Do It/Alvin Robinson/45/Atco/1968
5. Any Other Way/Mona Lisa & the Pastels/45/Steady/1968?
6. Let a Woman Be a Woman/Roy Head/LP/ABC Dunhill/1970
BED: Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées/Miles Davis/LP/Fontana/1958
Set Four: no disputin'
1. Hideaway/Electric Prunes/LP/Reprise/1967
2. Heaven & Hell/Easybeats/45/United Artists/1968
3. Cold Sweat/Clouds/LP/Deram/1971
BED: Belly Full of Greens/Freddie McCoy/LP/Prestige/1965
Guest Stars: Elisha Cook, Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer, Dan Duryea, Lawrence Tierney, Charles Coburn, Tony Barrett, Barbara Stanwyck, Keye Luke