Back with a bang this week, as we hopscotch through various genres and burn some incense in the first hour - and spend the second hour scouring the dusty shelves of the WMBR record library, finding the fuzziest garage and the deepest of soul.
A splendid time is guaranteed for all.
Thanks and thanks again to all who donated during last week's fundraiser. A special thanks to the online listeners who donated via the web, especially those who mentioned the Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye and Lost & Found blogs!
On with the show...
Simply click on the drenched-in-autumn Fairport Convention cover below to listen, and complete playlist has been provided further downward, for easy navigation.
Click on Image Above to Listen to the Show!
Playlist for Lost & Found, 11/14/05
Set One: coffee in a special cup
Intro: Heart 'n' Soul/Booker T. Averheart/45/SoulTex/1969
1. It's a New Day/Skull Snaps/LP/GSF/1973
2. Thank You/Gladys Knight & the Pips/LP/Soul/1973
3. Feelin' Alright/Jackson 5/LP/Motown/1971
4. Plastic Man (live)/Temptations/LP/Tamla Motown (Holland)/1975
5. Crystal Blue Persuasion/Kelly Brothers/CD/Excello/1969
6. Breakaway/Tommy James & the Shondells/LP/Roulette/1968
7. I Think You'd Cry/T.I.M.E./LP/Liberty/1969
8. The Feeling is Inside/Argent/LP/Epic/1971
9. Don't Talk to Strangers/Beau Brummels/LP/Autumn/1965
10.Torture/Everly Brothers/LP/Warner Brothers/1965
12.I Want Love & Affection (Not the House of Correction)/Nathaniel Mayer/CD/Fortune/1966
13.Keep On Doin'/Isley Brothers/CD/T-Neck/1970
BED: The Grunt/The J.B.'s/LP/King/1971 - Moog Fluting/Ebony Godfather/LP/GRC/1974
Set Two: hard cider
1. Phantasmagoria in Two/Tim Buckley/LP/Elektra/1967
2. Blue Eyes/Pozo-Seco Singers/LP/Columbia/1967
3. To Ramona/Bob Dylan/LP/Columbia/1965
4. I'll Keep It With Mine/Fairport Convention/LP/A&M/1969
BED: Witchita Lineman/Young-Holt Unlimited/LP/Atlantic/1970
Set Three: a sneer for your troubles
1. She's So Good to Me/Mt. Rushmore/LP/Dot/1968
2. Sugar in Your Soul/Raun McKinnon/LP/Kapp/1965
3. Beg, Borrow, & Steal/Mouse & the Traps/LP/Fraternity-Eva/1967-198?
4. On Your Way Down the Drain/King Bees/45/RCA/1965
5. Country Woman/Jelly Bean Bandits/LP/Mainstream/1967
6. Angel of Eighth Avenue/Mott the Hoople/LP/Atlantic/1971
BED: Stockyard/Cotton Comes to Harlem OST - Galt MacDermot/LP/MCA-Kilmarnock/1972-2004
Set Four: so deep it's picked up in tunnels
1. You Don't Know Nothing About Love/Carl Hall/CD/Loma/1967
2. I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby/Justine Washington/CD/Sue/1963
3. I'll Take Good Care of You/Garnett Mimms/CD/UA/1966
4. Don't Take My Mind/Bettye Swann/LP/Abet/1972
5. In My Life I've Loved/Jerry Washington/45/Excello/1972
BED: Black Whip/Ivan "Boogaloo" Jones/LP/Prestige/1973
Send Off: You Better Go/Darrell Banks/LP/Atco/1967
Special Guests: Lloyd Nolan, Billy Wayne, Jane Greer...and that Elija Cook, jr - he's always hanging around...