Cherry Valence - Not To Be Messed With.
Heatwave continues...I put this show together in the pseudo-sweatshop of my Sunday afternoon bedroom, and it shows. Odd mix of stuff today, phones generally quiet, but a shout out to J in Somerville for his words of appreciation, and to the JP Licks crew - you guys are due for another dedication!
MP3 is a go. Clicking on the image of THEM below will begin the stream. We have a slightly easier lead-in time this week, the final song of LRC - strangely enough a Wings tune - and we are underway with the MTM theme, around 3:20 in.
Do it for Johnny!!
Click on Image Above to Listen to the Show!
Playlist for Lost & Found, 06/27/05
Set One: I Didn't Mean to Turn You On
Intro: Every Mother's Daughter/Dave Grusin - Candy OST/LP/ABC/1969
1. Mambo Sun/T. Rex/LP/Reprise/1971
2. Disguises(Live on BBC)/The Who/LP/Polydor UK/1965-2000
3. My Sweet Lord/Edwin Starr/LP/Gordy/1971
4. Midnight Confessions/Patti Drew/LP/Capitol/1969
5. Grab This Thing/Bar-Kays/LP/Volt/1968
6. Don't Turn Your Heater Down/Sam & Dave/LP/Atlantic/1968
7. Lookout For Lucy/Mike Millius/LP/UNI/1970
8. Florida Blues/Salloom, Sinclair & the Mother Bear/LP/Cadet Concept/1968
9. Out of the City (Into the Country)/Allen Toussaint/LP/Reprise/1972
BED: Summer In the City/Dee Felice Trio/LP/Bethlehem/1969
Set Two: Daydreaming of Rainstorms
1. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue/Them/LP/Decca/1966
2. Gone and Passes By/Chocolate Watchband/CD/Tower/1967
3. Monday's Rain/Bee Gees/LP/Atco/1966-1968
4. Rainy Day In June/The Kinks/LP/Reprise/1965
5. Rat Race/Gino Washington/LP/Washpan-Norton/1965-69-8?
6. Tell Him No/Smith/LP/ABC Dunhill/1968
7. You Must Believe Me(Live on the BBC)/The Zombies/LP/Rhino/1965-1985
8. Stronger Than Dirt/Jay & the Techniques/LP/Smash/1967
BED: People Make the World Go Round/Young Holt Unlimited/LP/Paula/1973
Set Three: I Kicks In Like a Turbo-Booster
1. Corrinna(live)/Taj Mahal/LP/Columbia/1972
2. So Long, Marrianne/Don Crawford/LP/Roulette/1970
3. Ain't Nothin' You Can Do/Big Mama Thornton/LP/Mercury/1969
4. Long Skirt Baby Blues/T-Bone Walker/LP/Bluesway/1969
5. I Got a Man/The Toys/LP/Dynovoice/1966
6. Monkey's Uncle/Ray Sharpe/45/LHI/1968
7. Bloody River/The Texans/45/Infinity/1958
8. Take Me Where the Sun Never Shines/Johnny Soul/45/SSS/1968
BED: The Night has a Thousand Eyes/McCoy Tyner/LP/Milestone/1973
Set Four: dancing sandwiches
1. Before the Beginning/Fleetwood Mac/LP/Reprise(ger)/196?-1976
2. Abdul Malek/Embryo/LP/MPS/197?-1974
3. Reap What You Sow/Merilee Rush & the Turnabouts/45/Bell/1968
BED: Sea of Grass/The Ventures/LP/Liberty/1969
Special Guests: Diane Lane, Dan Dureya, James Stewart, C. Thomas Howell, Jay C. Flippen, Groucho Marx, Shelly Winters, Stephen McNally, Marc Bolan, Margaret Dumont, Matt Dillon - phew!
Some poor time managment down the stretch, maybe, but a fun show overall, lots of Winchester '73 and The Outsiders intensity, and almost half of what I played I had bought within 48 hours of the show, which is fun for me, at least...