The Name of the Game
Ok, pal - just keep looking at that menu and don't say a word. I've asked you here because I'm told you're the kind of guy that likes to "find" things ... well, it just so happens I know a few things that were "lost" and need finding, heh ... hey - just keep looking down, like we're not even talking ... now, you seem to know your way around locks and I've been told you can crack a chest of goodies with the only sound being a tiny click. If that's so, why don't you show me, by clicking on those 2 heavy Soul LP's down below ... it should lead you to just the "lost" items you were looking for - and I've even supplied the blueprint, only a little further down, to help you get around. We'll meet again in two weeks, to lay the goods on the fence - and then we're home free. Now, get clicking.
Click on Image Above to Listen to the Show!
Playlist for Lost & Found, 01/29/07
Set One: the best laid plans
Intro: The Trip/Eugene Blacknell & New Breed/CD/Boola Boola/196?
1. You Move Me/Roy Roberts Experience/45/House of the Fox/1970?
2. Time/Edwin Starr/LP/Gordy/1970
3. Got a Gig On My Back/Kelly & the Soul Explosion/CD/Dynamite/196?
4. I Keep It Hid/Alice Clark/45/Mainsteam/1972
5. Who You Really Are/Fred Hughes/LP/Brunswick/1970
6. The World Turns All Around Her/Byrds/LP/Columbia/1966
7. Where Has My Summer Gone/Heard/CD/Orlyn/196?
8. Keep Searchin'(We'll Follow the Sun)/Del Shannon/LP/Dot/1964
9. Down Home Special/Bo Diddley/CD/Chess/1956
10.You Better Move On/Rolling Stones/LP/London/1965
12.Scratch My Back/Jan Panter/CD/Pye(UK)/1966
14.Cross Cut Saw/John Hammond/LP/Atlantic/1968
15.Taking the Midnight Train/Tony Joe White/LP/Warner Bros/1973
BED: Make It Funky/Grant Green/LP/Blue Note/1970
Set Two: steamy windows
1. Sins of a Family/P.F. Sloan/LP/Mums/1972
2. Only Dreamin' Now/Beau Brummels/LP/Warner Bros/1967
3. Painter of Women/Beau Brummels/LP/Warner Bros/1967
4. In a Rainbow/Sweetwater/LP/Reprise/1968
5. The Drummer Song/Denny Doherty/CD/Dunhill/1971
6. To Love Somebody/Bubble Gum Machine/LP/Senate/1968
BED: Viva Tirado/Duke of Burlington/CD/Signal(Italy)/1971
Set Three: no grass, but I got my soul
1. Shape of Things to Come/Third Rail/45/Epic/1967
2. School Teachers/Bob Seger/LP/Capitol/1974
3. Heart of Gold/Betty Lavette/45/Atlantic/1972
4. If You Want It/la Revolucion de Emiliano Zapata/CD/Polydor(Mex)/1971
5. Tomorrow/Strawberry Alarm Clock/CD/UNI/1967 (req)
BED: The Joker/Charles Wright 03rd St. Rhythm Band/LP/Warner Bros/1969
Set Four: keep moving and stay quiet
1. Stop Talking In Your Sleep/Carter Brothers/45/Jewel/1965
2. Louisiana Hannah/Larry Williams/LP/Decca(UK)/1965
3. It Ain't What You Do/Laura Lee/LP/Chess/1971
4. Tired Running from You/Capitols/LP/Atco/1967
5. Don't Take It So Hard/Johnny Robinson/LP/Epic/1969?
BED: Eight Miles High/Paul Horn Quintet/LP/RCA/1966
Guest Stars: Sterling Hayden, Robert Mitchum, Marilyn Monroe, Louis Calhern, Sam Jaffe, Jean Hagen, Brad Dexter, Don Haggerty