It's All Rock & Roll
Well, I was pretty burned out by the time I wrapped up Coffeetime on Thursday (you don't know the pressure, man!) - and still hadn't snapped out of it come time for Lost & Found this week...but the subconscious mind took over and salvaged some forgotten gems from off the shelf, and some "new arrivals" helped punch things up...what am I talking about? Who knows - I guess I still haven't "snapped out of it!"
Some cool sets this week, the second set of mellow countrified gold is pure aural THC, and the "hard rock" set was bolstered by a couple of last-minute JP yard sale finds over the weekend - I want to go back and tell the guy that the records he bought when he was 13 years old were the basis of an entire segment on the radio!
Still in streaming MP3 mode this week, until I find out where Comcast is hiding my "free web space," but there's just a short lead-in, so please click on the image below of those handsome-to-their-Mums-only lads, The Jeff Beck Group, and have a listen, mate! Full playlist even further down the line...good luck finding 'em all!
Click on Image Above to Listen to the Show!
Playlist for Lost & Found, 07/25/05
Set One: Out In the Streets
Intro: Six Million Dollar Man Theme/Peter Pan Players/LP/Peter Pan/1979
1. You Got To Be a Man/Frank Williams/LP/Phil-La of Soul/1967
2. I Understand/Fred Hughes/LP/Brunswick/1970
3. Soul Survivor/Rolling Stones/LP/Rolling Stones Records/1972
4. You've Got Your Spell On Me/Chocolate Milk/LP/RCA/1976
5. I Walk On Gilded Splinters/Dr. John the Night Tripper/LP/ATCO/1968
6. Take Me/Betty Everett/LP/UNI/1968
7. It's a Groovy World!/The Unifics/45/Kapp/1969
8. Our Love Will Still Be There/The Troggs/LP/Fontana/1966
9. Higher and Higher/Crazy Elephant/LP/Bell/1969
10.The Voice of the Dying Man/Los Pop Tops/45/Calla/1968
11.For Your Love/Larry Williams & Johnny "Guitar" Watson/LP/Decca-Edsel/1965-198?
12.Jeremiah Puckett/Eddie Fisher & the Next 100 Years/LP/Cadet/1971
13.Sister Funk/Gloria Williams/LP/Downtown-Goldmine/197?-198?
BED: Eternal Journey/Ramsey Lewis/LP/Cadet/1968
Set Two: cold beer in the bright sunshine
1. Love's Made a Fool of You/Tom Rush/LP/Elektra/1966
2. Nancy Jean/Bobby Fuller/LP/Rhino/1964-1983
3. That's How Strong My Love Is/Steve Young/LP/A&M/1969
4. Okolona River Bottom Band/Bobbie Gentry/LP/Capitol/1968
5. Sitting In the Midday Sun/The Kinks/LP/RCA/1973
6. I'll Keep It With Mine/Charley D. & Milo/LP/Epic/1970
BED: Dark Eyes & Oriental Moods/LP/Pulse/196?
Set Three: On the Prowl
1. Plynth (Water Down the Drain)/Jeff Beck Group/LP/RAK/1969
2. I'm a Mover/Free/LP/A&M/1968
3. Mr. Blood/Frijid Pink/LP/Lion/1972
4. The Softness of July/The Pipe Dream/LP/RCA/1969
5. I'm Moving On/Taste/LP/ATCO/1969
BED: Midnight Cowboy/Ferrante & Teicher/LP/UA/1969
Set Four: My Heart Just Keeps Breakin'
1. You Better Stop/Barbara Lynn/45/Jamie/1963
2. Cry It Out Baby/Ted & Little Johnny Taylor/45/Ronn/1973
3. Don't You Fool With My Soul/Johnnie Taylor/45/Stax/1973
4. You Gave Me What's Missing/Jan Bradley/45/Chess/1968
5. Homely Girl/Chi-Lites/CD/Brunswick/1973
BED: Keem-O-Sabe/Electric Indian/LP/UA/1969
Special Guests: Lana Turner, William Bendix, Jack Duluoz